RESOLUTION ADOPTING EXTERIOR PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODE
RESOLUTION NO. 10-8, 2010
COLUMBIA TOWNSHIP, HAMILTON COUNTY, OHIO
WHEREAS, the Columbia Township Board of Trustees established a Property Maintenance Code Committee to develop a proposal for an exterior property maintenance code; and
WHEREAS, on March 29, March 30, April 6 and April 7 of 2010, the Board of Trustees conducted public hearings to gain input regarding the possible adoption of an exterior property maintenance code developed by the Property Maintenance Code Committee; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Trustees invited civic leaders, residents and business owners to participate at the public hearings and share their thoughts; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 504.04, the Columbia Township Board of Trustees desires to adopt the attached Exterior Property Maintenance Code;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, THAT
- The attached Exterior Property Maintenance Code is hereby adopted.
- The Columbia Township Board of Trustees hereby finds and determines that all formal actions relative to the passage of this Resolution were taken in open meetings of this Board, and that all deliberations of the Board and of its committees, if any, which resulted in formal action, were taken in meetings open to the public in full compliance with applicable legal requirements, including Section 121.22 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- The Columbia Township Board of Trustees hereby finds and determines that this Resolution was adopted pursuant to Section 504.10 of the Ohio Revised Code and was publicly read on the following two different dates: April 13, 2010 and May 11, 2010.
- If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this resolution or the portions of the attached Exterior Property Maintenance Code is, for any reason, held to be unconstitutional or unlawful, such decision shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this resolution or of the Exterior Property Maintenance Code.
- The effective date of the Exterior Property Maintenance Code shall be June 14, 2010.