Dear Business Owner:
On November 5, 2013, the residents of Columbia Township voted to establish a Joint Economic Development Zone (JEDZ) in partnership with the Village of Fairfax. The purpose of this partnership is to facilitate the collection of tax revenue to be used to provide services and improvements in Columbia Township. Columbia Township JEDZ follows the Village of Fairfax tax ordinances, however, only the business-related aspects apply to JEDZ. We also follow the tax changes outlined in Ohio House Bill 5 (2016).
Effective April 1, 2014, all businesses located in or doing business in the JEDZ are required to:
- Register with the Columbia Township JEDZ within 10 days of beginning operations. This information should also be updated whenever there are changes (e.g., change in payroll provider used).
- If your business pays employees via W-2s, you must collect and pay 1% Withholding Tax.
- Monthly Remittances are due the 15thof the following month.
- Quarterly Remittances are due April 30, July 31, October 31, and January 31.
- State law mandates monthly remittance if:
- Prior year annual total withholding for the municipality exceeds $2,399.00.
- Any month of prior quarter exceeds $200.00.
- If your business pays employees via W-2s, you must also submit an Annual Reconciliation Form, along with employee W-2s, by February 28th of the year following the year reconciled.
- If your business pays employees via 1099s, you must provide a list of names, addresses, and Social Security Numbers and keep this information current.
- Pay Estimated Quarterly Net-Profit tax of 1%, if tax due is $200.00 or more.
- First Quarter: due on Federal filing deadline (generally April 15).
- Second Quarter: June 15
- Third Quarter: September 15
- Fourth Quarter: December 15
- Submit an annual Tax Return by the federal due-date, based on the calendar year or your fiscal-year-end, if different. Please notify our office if you filed a federal extension (copy of form can be emailed, faxed, or mailed).
Pre-printed forms will be mailed to you directly. Generic forms can be found in the Forms section of this website.
Please return completed tax forms or correspondence to the address below:
Columbia Township JEDZ Tax Office
5903 Hawthorne Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45227
Documents can also be scanned and emailed, faxed, or dropped in one of our two outside drop boxes (by front- and east-side building entrances).
Please feel free to contact me with any tax-related questions. I look forward to working with you.
Columbia Twp JEDZ
My Work Schedule*: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday 8:30am – 12:30pm
*I work a combination role for both Columbia Township JEDZ and the Village of Fairfax.